There are so many things that can happen that can easily lead to vacation disasters and because travel mishaps, delays and cancellations can happen at any time. Be prepared for whatever Mother Nature, or any other portion of your well planned journey, might throw at you by following these few simple travel tips:
- Educate yourself regarding immigration practices, health conditions, political disturbances, currency and entry regulations as well as crime and security information for the countries to which you’ll be traveling. For a list of countries and access to this type of information click here.
- Have phone numbers for everything: your hotel, your car rental agency, your airline, your destination. Put all contact numbers in your cell phone or on a piece of paper in your wallet or purse for easy access in case of delay or emergency. Maybe you might wish to use a Travel Final Preparation Checklist. If you don’t have one, Just Ask, and we’ll be happy to send you one.
- Get to the airport early. Most airports recommend arriving 2 hours early to ensure a smooth and timely transition through security.
- Use unique tags (markings): Use unique luggage or luggage tags, or luggage marker identifiers, so you can easily see your bag coming on the baggage carousel rather than having to check every non-descript black bag that goes by. Or, write your last name on the handle of your luggage with a liquid ‘white-out’ pen.
- Pack wisely. Try to fit everything into your carry-on if possible. This not only can be a big money saving tactic in lesser or no baggage fees you’ll have to pay, and makes for an easy transition during layovers and reduces the chance of lost luggage. See More at http://wp.me/p1foVW-mV
- Bring activities to occupy the kids (and yourself). Books, magazines, an MP3 player, some healthy snacks — whatever you might need to keep you and the kids occupied if you encounter delays or long layovers. Be sure to have all electronic devices fully charged and don’t forget to bring the charger also!
- Be sure to Pack a travel insurance plan. A travel insurance plan can cover you for trip interruption, flight delay/cancellation due to covered reasons, medical expenses and provides 24/7 assistance services to rebook flights and hotels on your behalf. See More at http://wp.me/p1foVW-84
It’s easy to get travel coverage that meets your needs. While there are many different Travel Insurance Companies to choose from, We exclusively use Travel Guard. Not only for their various plans to choose from, but for their excellent 24/7 concierge service, that allows our customers to “Never be Alone” when it comes to their travel needs being taken care of. To learn more about valuable coverage through Travel Guard and for other helpful travel information ask us about your vacation and travel protection needs. You can call us at 623-340-0675 or send us an email at CruisewithMike@cruiseholidays.com. Even if you have purchased your travel through someone else, we can still help you with your vacation travel insurance.